Uploaded image for project: 'Couchbase Java Client'
  1. Couchbase Java Client
  2. JCBC-226

Delete's get() doesnt return the right value

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.1.0, 1.1.1
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1.3
    • Component/s: Core
    • Security Level: Public
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Linux Mint Maya
      Couchbase Server 2.0, 1956, 1976
      Couchbase Client Java API 1.1.0, 1.1.1

      Description

      Deleting is faulty, I asked for get() which should wait for the result, but every 5th returns with false, however the deletion has performed.

      I have attached a sample code and the output result.

      1. CouchBaseTester.java
        3 kB
        Balint Ureczky
      2. Output.txt
        5 kB
        Balint Ureczky
      No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

        Activity

        Hide
        daschl Michael Nitschinger added a comment -

        This will be fixed in 1.1.3, we just pushed some changes that fixes this.

        Show
        daschl Michael Nitschinger added a comment - This will be fixed in 1.1.3, we just pushed some changes that fixes this.
        Hide
        ureczky Balint Ureczky added a comment -

        Yes, with the default ReplicateTo.ZERO, PersistTo.ZERO settings, its 1000 times faster and there arent any failure in 100.000 tries.
        With ReplicateTo.ZERO, PersistTo.ONE settings, i got ~20 failure in 100 tries.

        Show
        ureczky Balint Ureczky added a comment - Yes, with the default ReplicateTo.ZERO, PersistTo.ZERO settings, its 1000 times faster and there arent any failure in 100.000 tries. With ReplicateTo.ZERO, PersistTo.ONE settings, i got ~20 failure in 100 tries.
        Hide
        daschl Michael Nitschinger added a comment -

        To clarify, this error comes up when using the persistence constraints (persist, replicate) in combination. Just out of curiosity, can you try without them and see if it works as expected? Thanks

        Show
        daschl Michael Nitschinger added a comment - To clarify, this error comes up when using the persistence constraints (persist, replicate) in combination. Just out of curiosity, can you try without them and see if it works as expected? Thanks
        Hide
        ureczky Balint Ureczky added a comment -

        I also tested on the 2.0.0 enterprise server (build-1976), which was the same.

        The server returns with the error "Key was modified" as you can see in the attached output.txt

        Show
        ureczky Balint Ureczky added a comment - I also tested on the 2.0.0 enterprise server (build-1976), which was the same. The server returns with the error "Key was modified" as you can see in the attached output.txt

          People

          • Assignee:
            daschl Michael Nitschinger
            Reporter:
            ureczky Balint Ureczky
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Gerrit Reviews

              There are no open Gerrit changes