6 - Kraken Cleanup, 7 - Til the Krack of dawn, 8 - FireKracker, 9 - Krakend, 10 - Krackeverlasting, 1 - Levianthanning, 2 - LeVIAthan or LeviaTHAN, 3 - Uk Sprinting, 4 - Who killed Tommie, 5 - No, 2.4.1 isn't released, 6- Yes, 2.4.1 is get released
Create a documentation page for creating a release so that institutional knowledge is kept and reused going forward.
You forgot to mention forking 🙂 Which is somewhat important...
As I cannot do it now, the arduous and fun task falls to Tommie, it's good training! What it looks like is:
When Management Let You (and this needs to be well before release day)
- Get Ceej/Blair to fork 2.3.x at the current HEAD of master.
- Merge https://review.couchbase.org/c/manifest/+/173131
- They will quickly shout at you if I made a mistake, so watch http://server.jenkins.couchbase.com/job/couchbase-k8s-microservice-build/ for build failures and get the jump on them. Expect a 2.4.0-100 and 2.3.1-100 build to pop out. I guess the implicit assumption is that there will be no code changesfrom this point on.
- In the 2.3 branch, you need to create a pull request that changes prerelease to false in docs/user/antora.yml or docs will not work. Fun to watch on release day, but not sporting 😄
- Back on master merge https://review.couchbase.org/c/couchbase-operator/+/173132this will stop docs staging from breaking in a minute...
- Checkout couchbase/docs-site create a branch from the staging branch that exists, and edit antora-playbook.yml to include the new 2.3.x branch.
- You may want to delete 2.3-beta while here too, I consider it part of 2.3 at this point in time.
- Raise a GitHub pull request and get one of them to merge once CI has passed, check that 2.4 and 2.3 show up on docs staging.
- Email the group to tell them that outstanding docs will need to be abandoned and submitted to 2.3.x (🤷♀️ last minute eh?) and you can start submitting 2.4 stuff.
Commit validation should just work these days as that's driven by a regular expression, but double check just in case. It will be evident if it's playing up by the two earlier gerrit commits, see herehttp://cv.jenkins.couchbase.com/view/Commit%20Validation/view/kubernetes/job/couchbase-operator-pipeline/
- Create a pull request against the master branch of docs-site, obviously adding 2.3.x to the list.
- Get the lovely Steve to push the button if one needs pushing to go live.
- Pop a cork, your job is done!
Phew! Complex I know. and a lot could go wrong, but I have faith.