Goal of this feature is to expose the MutationToken in the Kafka Connector Schema.
(It could be enabled or not with a parameter such as the SDK => EnableMutationToken)
So that, we can issue a N1QL query (at_plus) with the MutationToken once the mutation is queued in Kafka.
In long, here is scenario example:
- They have 2 clusters with XDCR. (Cluster_1 & Cluster_2)
- You write a document with MutationToken enabled on Cluster_1. (EnableMutationToken = True)
- Once written, you retrieve the Token and run a N1QL at plus with the token => All OK.
- XDCR replicated the write from Cluster1 to Cluster2.
- Kafka Connector sends the event to a topic with the mutation.
- Once received in Kafka, you run a N1QL query at plus on this XDCR write mutation but there is no MutationToken sent by the connector?