Uploaded image for project: 'Couchbase Server'
  1. Couchbase Server
  2. MB-3133

Can't change password using membase CLI

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.6.4
    • Fix Version/s: techdebt-backlog
    • Component/s: tools
    • Security Level: Public
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      [perry@Membase1 ~]$ /opt/membase/bin/cli/membase cluster-init --cluster-init-password=testing -c localhost:8091 -u Administrator -p norths
      SUCCESS: init localhost
      [perry@Membase1 ~]$

      It said success, but didn't change the password.

      No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

        Activity

        Hide
        sean Sean Lynch (Inactive) added a comment -

        Perry, was this on a fresh cluster that had never been through the wizard? You said "change" the password, which implies that it'd already been through the wizard, which would seem to imply that the actual bug you're describing is that the cluster-init command claims success in spite of the fact that the node is already configured.

        Show
        sean Sean Lynch (Inactive) added a comment - Perry, was this on a fresh cluster that had never been through the wizard? You said "change" the password, which implies that it'd already been through the wizard, which would seem to imply that the actual bug you're describing is that the cluster-init command claims success in spite of the fact that the node is already configured.
        Hide
        perry Perry Krug added a comment -

        This was not on a fresh cluster, it was already setup with a password. Considering the REST API has the facility to change an existing password, I would have expected that the same operation through our CLI would work as expected. The bug is either that the CLI reports success when it obviously failed, or that it didn't actually do what I asked it to.

        Show
        perry Perry Krug added a comment - This was not on a fresh cluster, it was already setup with a password. Considering the REST API has the facility to change an existing password, I would have expected that the same operation through our CLI would work as expected. The bug is either that the CLI reports success when it obviously failed, or that it didn't actually do what I asked it to.
        Hide
        perry Perry Krug added a comment -

        A Pivotal Tracker story has been created for this Issue: http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/9309625

        Show
        perry Perry Krug added a comment - A Pivotal Tracker story has been created for this Issue: http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/9309625
        Hide
        perry Perry Krug added a comment -

        Perry Krug deleted the linked story in Pivotal Tracker

        Show
        perry Perry Krug added a comment - Perry Krug deleted the linked story in Pivotal Tracker

          People

          • Assignee:
            bcui Bin Cui
            Reporter:
            perry Perry Krug
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Gerrit Reviews

              There are no open Gerrit changes