Affects Version/s: 2.0.1
Fix Version/s: 2.0.1
Security Level: Public
We've made some changes. Most notably we've added new stats requests. It needs to be documented.
I'm filing this as a major bug, as the REST api documentation lacks a walkthrough regarding how to perform common operations.
The Web UI exposes the following operations (current as of 2.0-beta):
- Creating a new bucket [ram quota and all ] - mostly covered in the REST API
- Modifying a bucket [ covered ]
- Failing over a node: This is not clearly covered - there is documentation for failover, eject, and rebalance but it is not clear from the documentation that these three operations are likely to be used in conjunction with each other.
- Adding a node: Document clearly how to add a node to a cluster by contacting the to-be-joined node. Also there is a 'addNode' function which doesn't seem to be documented - if this is public API it should be documented as a way to join a node to a cluster by contacting the cluster
- Rebalancing the cluster. Clarify the use of 'otpNode' parameters, what exactly belongs in the ejectedNodes parameters etc. (show examples with adding and removing nodes). Also show a clear example of polling for the rebalance to complete.
- Compaction: not documented at all
- Bucket/Node statistics. It would be nice to document these ('self-documenting fields' – self-documenting for who?)
All of the examples which require multiple steps (or involve performing other requests in order to obtain requisite information) should be demonstrated using a real programming language (not curl). Perl or Python are languages which expose a fairly simple HTTP interface) and through which examples may be scripted and are both common languages used for system administration.