Keeping this cluster alive.
1) Create 4 node cluster on 172.
2) Upgrade these 4 nodes cluster to 180.
3) Rebalance in 2 new 180 nodes to this cluster at the same time. (10.83.47.43 and 10.112.27.9 are the brand new 180 nodes that were added onto the cluster. )
4) After rebalance. The active/replica item count on newly added node (10.83.47.43 and 10.112.27.9) is 0.
5) Post rebalance, Was able to load the data into (10.83.47.43 and 10.112.27.9) using python loader.
Attaching logs from all the nodes.
|Summary||Adding two new 180 nodes to upgraded (172-> 180) cluster, does not shuffle vbuckets to new nodes, resulting in 0 active and replica items on new nodes||rebalancing new 1.8 nodes to an upgraded cluster ( 1.7.2->1.80 ) results in 0 active and 0 replica items on the new nodes|
|Priority||Blocker [ 1 ]||Major [ 3 ]|
|Assignee||Aliaksey Artamonau [ aliaksey artamonau ]||Chiyoung Seo [ chiyoung ]|
|Fix Version/s||1.8.1 [ 10249 ]|
|Fix Version/s||1.8.0 [ 10248 ]|
|Summary||rebalancing new 1.8 nodes to an upgraded cluster ( 1.7.2->1.80 ) results in 0 active and 0 replica items on the new nodes||rebalancing in a new 1.8 node if there are only 1 checkpoint open results in an imbalanced cluster because ep-engine in the source node does not backfill items from the open checkpoint|
|Assignee||Chiyoung Seo [ chiyoung ]||Mike Wiederhold [ mikew ]|
|Assignee||Mike Wiederhold [ mikew ]||Chiyoung Seo [ chiyoung ]|
|Fix Version/s||1.8.1 [ 10295 ]|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|
|Labels||1.8.0-release-notes 2.0-dev-preview-4-release-notes||1.8.0-release-notes 1.8.1-release-notes 2.0-dev-preview-4-release-notes|
|Status||Resolved [ 5 ]||Closed [ 6 ]|
|Fix Version/s||2.0-beta [ 10113 ]|
|Fix Version/s||1.8.2 [ 10249 ]|