Couchbase Lite 2.0 doesn't provide a plug-in for a hybrid platforms like Cordova, Phone Gap, Ionic, ReactNative. It also does not facilitate access from JS apps on desktop environments
Applications that need to access Couchbase Lite from a hybrid environment (Phonegap, Cordova, etc), can write a framework specific plugin (e.g. Cordova, React) that exposes the application functionality desired and utilizing Couchbase Lite from that plugin.
This ticket is to track all customer requests for this capability to determine market demand.
Update ( Sept 2020): The electron plugin offering from Ionic is no longer supported.
- Ionic has developed a Couchbase Lite EE compatible plugin. Developers can purchase license from Ionic and will purchase Couchbase Mobile EE license from use. We have a master services agreement in place with Ionic. Contact PM for more details
- Ionic plugin will work for Cordova and Phone Gap
- Ionic official documentation : https://ionicframework.com/integrations/couchbase-lite
- Ionic related blog : https://blog.ionicframework.com/build-secure-offline-apps-with-ionic-couchbase-lite/
- We have provided sample apps that demonstrate how to integrate CBM 2.X in a React Native app and Cordova/Ionic app. These apps will demonstrate how one can bridge from the JS layer to the native Android/ iOS layer .The plugin implementation is app specific and is not intended to be usable as a general purpose JS implementation but is a good reference for anyone looking to develop on these platforms
- React Native Module sample app : https://blog.couchbase.com/couchbase-lite-react-native/
- Cordova/Ionic sample apps : https://blog.couchbase.com/couchbase-lite-data-storage-ionic-app-cordova-plugins/
- Partnership opportunities . Partners or ISVs to build plugin for customer. There are some references. Contact PM for further details.
MEDIUM TERM :
Evaluating community driven options (TBD)
LONG TERM :
JS API is in our long term roadmap (TBD)