- Client Side Workarounds (for SDK Java 2.x)
- Restart the application server after the server upgrade .This will implicitly clear the client cache, leading it to again prepare
- Change the client code - if they hit a 4040 they clean the cache invalidateQueryCache()and retry. Works only for Java
- Server Side Workarounds
Once they upgrade the 1st node (key value service node or any other node) they should :
- Increase the prepared statement cache size Settings->Query Settings-> Advanced Query settings-> Prepared Limit to 65K AND
- Change N1QL Feature controller under “Settings->Query Settings-> Advanced Query settings" to 8.
This will persist and get reflected for future query service nodes being upgraded and "encoded_plan" will be honored, if needed.