Uploaded image for project: 'Couchbase Documentation'
  1. Couchbase Documentation
  2. DOC-7220

Documentation on ejection states outdated advice about ejecting active vBuckets

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Task
    • Status: Resolved
    • Minor
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • 6.6.0
    • 6.6.x Doc Updates
    • kv
    • None

    Description

      Docs state that "These settings give items from active vBuckets a 40% chance of ejection; and give items from replica vBuckets a 60% chance of ejection." which is no longer the case. Couchbase Server ejects replica buckets first, following the introduction of the HiFi algorithm.

      Attachments

        No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

        Activity

          Hi Tony Hillman,

          OK, this feels sensible for now - remove the 60/40 reference so that we are just stating when ejection will take place (i.e. between the watermarks), and how to control that (how to adjust the watermarks).

          We do though need a better description of the specifics of the ejection policy and the NRU method, and how the Read/Write ratio affects this.

          That sentence in particular is confusing as changing the watermarks has no effect on what is ejected.

          malarky Chris Malarky added a comment - Hi Tony Hillman , OK, this feels sensible for now - remove the 60/40 reference so that we are just stating when ejection will take place (i.e. between the watermarks), and how to control that (how to adjust the watermarks). We do though need a better description of the specifics of the ejection policy and the NRU method, and how the Read/Write ratio affects this. That sentence in particular is confusing as changing the watermarks has no effect on what is ejected.
          tony.hillman Tony Hillman added a comment - - edited PR for 6.5 at https://github.com/couchbase/docs-server/pull/1506 Merged.
          tony.hillman Tony Hillman added a comment - - edited PR for 6.6 at  https://github.com/couchbase/docs-server/pull/1505 Merged.
          tony.hillman Tony Hillman added a comment - - edited PR for 6.0 at  https://github.com/couchbase/docs-server/pull/1507 Merged.
          tony.hillman Tony Hillman added a comment - - edited PR for 7.0 at  https://github.com/couchbase/docs-server/pull/1508 Merged.

          People

            tony.hillman Tony Hillman
            Elliot.goodwin Elliot Goodwin
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            7 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:

              Gerrit Reviews

                There are no open Gerrit changes

                PagerDuty