Sync Gateway channels are used partitioning the dataset and for granting users access to specific documents via channel assignment. Currently, the channels that a document is assigned to has to be either derived from the contents of the document or explicitly specified via a special “channels” property in the document. The enhancement proposed in this document is to allow users to leverage user-defined [Extended Attributes(XATTRs)|https://docs.couchbase.com/java-sdk/current/concept-docs/xattr.html] for storing access grants and to keep that separate from the document body.
- Whats New (done - 4/20/21)
- Release notes - new feature – (done 4/20/21)
- Release notes - changed behavior
- sync-gateway-admin.yaml (_raw)
- Tracking — https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/CM-354