Describe any compatibility issues between Sync Gateway and CB server
- No end to end transactions.
- Changes made via SDK in a transaction are not guaranteed to be in a Tx when they arrive at CBL
- Changes made on CBL within a transaction(inBatch API) will not be propagated as a Tx to server
- Writes coming in from non transaction aware clients such as SGW do not play well with transaction
- Using transactions in a read only cluster is not an issue . But if using within a mobile RW cluster, then you have to cautious about changes coming from from SGW to documents that are in fight a Tx
Our current documentation is not very clear on the deployment recommendations when using XDCR with SGW . We have seen an uptick in number of questions related to this topic.
Although we specify one-directional XDCR as the option , we are not clear that SGW in target cluster must be read-only mode. Also, the impact of convergence and enabling import-docs on the both clusters (that would effectively be write) .
Please refer to this customer escalation . Specifically, read comments from Adam Fraser which elaborates on the various cases and recommendations .
(CC Amarantha Kulkarni)