Affects Version/s: 0.17.0
Fix Version/s: 0.20.0
Environment:Couchbase Docker image on MacOS and Couchbase Docker image on Openshift platform
We are using Couchbase Docker image both to develop on laptop and on our DEV and QA environment.
We are developing on Mac OS and our DEV and QA environment work with OpenShift v3.7.1 (Kubernetes v1.7.6).
On preproduction and production environment, Couchbase is deployed on VM.
- When using Java DCP client 0.17.0 or older version hosted in Docker, Java DCP client always failed to reconnect to Couchbase container once we restart the container.
- When using Java DCP client 0.17.0 or older version hosted on a VM (or directly on laptop), Java DCP client always reconnect to Couchbase container once we restart Couchbase.
This issue occur both with Couchbase 4.6.5 and Couchbase 5.1.0 (and probably all others versions)
- Run Couchbase in Docker container as described in configuration (https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/current/install/getting-started-docker.html)
- Init the Couchbase server and install the sample bucket "travel-sample"
- Run the exemple described in the Readme on GitHub https://github.com/couchbase/java-dcp-client after increasing the sleep timeout to several minutes (see Main.java in attachement)
- Make a mutation on a document in "travel-sample" bucket though the Couchbase administrator interface
- The mutation is printed by the java program
- Stop your Couchbase Docker container
- Start your Couchbase Docker container few second later
- Make a mutation on a document in travel-sample bucket though the Couchbase administrator interface
- The mutation is not printed by the java program
When doing the same test without Couchbase on Docker container, step 9 print the mutation.
|For Gerrit Dashboard: JDCP-97|
|100105,3||JDCP-97 Can't reconnect to Couchbase hosted on Docker Container||master||java-dcp-client||Status: MERGED||+2||+1|