Very confusing trying to create/add an xdcr replication for the travel-sample inventory–>airline collection in 7.0.0 Beta refresh (build version 4554) using the UI.
I was not able to create the single collection replication using click path 1.
I tried again using click path 2 and was able to create the single collection replication using click path 2.
1) Click path 1 to try and create a replication for a single collection
From XDCR Add Replication menu in the UI, when you go to "Specify Scopes, Collections, and Mappings":
– uncheck the 'check all' box
The Mapping Rules show
– go to page 2, and 'check all' box is unchecked but "tenant_agent_04" and "_default" scopes are still checked
– Manually unchecked tenant_agent_04 and _default scopes
The Mapping Rules show
– uncheck the 'include future scopes' box
The Mapping Rules show nothing now (which is expected)
– Trying to expand the inventory scope to show the collections – if I click on the word inventory, then, the inventory checkbox gets checked. I have to click on the single char '>' to expand the inventory scope menu (this is not obvious)
– In the inventory scope menu, unchecking 'check all' or 'include future collections' does not work – unchecking either 'check all' or 'include future collections' closes the inventory scope menu, so unable to uncheck all the collections in inventory, then check the single collection that I want to replicate.
2) Click path 2 – after cancelling 1), tried again to add replication for a single collection
– After going into Specify Scopes, Collections, and Mappings, clicked on char '>' on 'inventory>' to expand the inventory scope menu. Now, I can uncheck 'check all' and 'include future collections' under the inventory scope menu.
(Note that overall 'check all' and 'include future scopes' that are immediately beneath the "Scopes &Collections to Replicate" are still checked. Also, all of the check boxes next to the scopes names are checked.)
Now, all the collections under inventory scope menu is unchecked (expected).
Mapping rules are empty.
– Now, I can click on the checkbox next to the airline collection, and the Mapping Rules show "inventory.airline>inventory.airline", which is what I want to replicate.