It appears that no error message is given in the terminal when running the following line whilst the cluster is completely offline:
We would expect for an error message to be shown in the terminal to reflect the fact that the cluster is offline, but nothing is shown in this instance.
If we replace the above line with:
Then we do get an error message shown in the terminal, as we would expect for the other line:
- Create a 1 node cluster on 6.0.3 running Data/Index/Query services
- Create a Couchbase bucket called "bucket1"
- Add a document with key = "doc1"
- Create primary index for bucket1
- Take the cluster offline (eg. vagrant halt)
- Copy the following into a Node JS file and run, adjusting cluster address and log in credentials as necessary:
- Replace the line:
with the following:
- Rerun the code and observe that an "Error: cluster object was closed" message is now shown on the terminal
We would expect an error message to be shown in the terminal in both instances to reflect that the cluster is offline.
- An "Error: cluster object was closed" message is shown on the terminal when using the following line:
|For Gerrit Dashboard: JSCBC-724|
|139175,2||JSCBC-724: Added a test case to confirm queries also cancel.||master||couchnode||Status: MERGED||-1||+1|